So called as it was used to tie down the hay on the back of the waggon. But can be used to make a very tight line between two trees for your basha.
It is so tight as it works in the same way as a block and tackle
1. Tie of one end to the first tree. Then tie a Sheepshank in the rope.
2. Pop in stick in the furthist loop from the tree you are going to tie it too.
3. put the end of the line around the tree, post ect then back and through the free loop
4. Now pull the line and you will see the line become very tight.
5. To finish go back round the tree and finish off with a Clove Hitch
Knowledge Weighs Nothing
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Clove Hitch||the_choni||Knots database||0||12-02-2007 09:09|
|Evenk Overhand Hitch||the_choni||Knots database||0||04-02-2007 10:18|
|Highwayman's Hitch||the_choni||Knots database||4||30-01-2007 15:13|